Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Man push ups!

I had a fantastic workout today at the New Paltz gym. I always dread when Steve comes because he makes me push myself harder than what I normally would do. But...the benefit is that I work harder and I impress myself.

Here it is:
Attempting overhead squats 2 x 5 35 lbs.
1 x 5 oly bar - back squats
5 x5 65 lbs - back squats
5 x5 95 lbs - deadlifts
2 x 5 pull ups ( my goal is to do this in a row!)
3 x 5 man push ups! that's a big deal for me, a month ago I couldn't even do one!
3 x 5 ab wheel

I'm looking at some gyms that I want to join for the summer and I was really leaning towards LA Fitness but I went to check it out in there and I was not impressed. All they had was smith machines and they had some moron showing me the equipment. I told him I was interested in doing squats and deadlifts and he felt the need to show me how to do them?! Psh...maybe I should join just to show him up! Plus, the place was freakin EXPENSIVE!! It was way too corporate for me, think Bally Total Fitness is where I'll end up going!

Oh and great news! I got my job at Ivy League again and my plan is to bike there everyday. EVERY single day, even if it's raining. I figured I'm going to have to get used to being rained on if I want to go touring!

That's all for now!
Stick Legs

No comments:

Post a Comment