Saturday, January 23, 2010

Muscle ups/Dips - My new focus

Yesterday Steve and I went to Gunx Crossfit again. Peter Nathan taught us how to clean. I found it to be easier than the previous workout. Maybe because we just focused on how to clean and not 1,000,000 other things! He really is an excellent teacher and I give him credit for not yelling at the most frustrating couple ever. Steve and I are kinda...slow. Haha.

Anyways, after the lesson we went to the gym and I did my regular squat/deadlift routine but have now added dips into my routine in an attempt to get better at the muscle up. At crossfit, I got on a pair of rings to try and do the muscle up and realize that I can't even do one dip, let alone even twitch while I'm up there. My body just kind of shakes and rattles trying to stabilize. So here is my workout...I'm sad to say that I have become pretty lazy with the ab workouts lately as well!

Back squats
1 x 1 - Oly
5 x 5 - 75 lbs.

Deadlifts

5 x5 - 95 lbs

Pull ups

1 x 8

Dips

3 x 7

I plan on taking this weekend really easy because I think I've been training pretty hard lately. Doing something physical everyday is exhausting! It feels good though and I like the way that I am progressing. Today I'm going to run around the neighborhood just to get some bloood going....

Tata
"Stick Legs"

No comments:

Post a Comment