Monday, January 25, 2010

Yellowstone!

It's so crazy how you could plan for something so much and then one day, life throws a total curveball at you! I was almost 99% positive that I was going to be working at Ivy League this summer at the Rock Wall, but then the mail came in Saturday morning. I found out that Steve and I both got jobs at the same lodge at Yellowstone National Park for the entire summer! We've both have changed our plans for the summer and are taking the position. It means sacrificing a lot of things. He will no longer be doing the trail with his sister and I will have to give up my garden, my job at Ivy League, being with my family...it's hard, but I think it's totally going to be worth it. I'm really excited and not even in the least bit nervous yet. I'm sure that will come within a few weeks of the departure date! We leave May 27th and both come back late August, not sure the exact date yet. I have never been West and I think it's going to be an awesome experience. I am trying not to have too many expectations about the whole thing, because I had about 1,000 little illusions about how this summer was going to turn out and that was a complete waste of my time since none of them are even going to happen!


For now, my focus is getting as strong as possible and getting a 4.0 this semester at school. I think it's definitely attainable (the grades that is) although Spanish might give me a little bit of trouble! My education classes will be a breeze. A lot of people complain about these courses but nothing is as daunting as a class taught in a completely different language. I am taking the most advanced spanish course possible this semester. I just received the textbook from half.com and not one part of the book is English...and I expect to get an A in this class!? Yeah, well we'll see!

This is where we'll be living for the entire summer! I believe this is the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone which is near the lodge that we'll be staying at. How magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment